Fix A Leak For Swimming Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs 32 oz. made by Marlig FAL32
- is a blended concentrated material designed to seal leaks in virtually any material,
- can be applied for leaks in the shell and works equally well in plumbing,
- will seal holes 1/8" in diameter,
- will form a long lasting seal,
- use 1 quart per pool up to 22.000gallons.
Suction Line Leaks
Suction Leaks are usually known by air mixed with the water at the return fittings.
In most cases suction lines only leak water when the filter pump is shut off.
Normal Circulation will simply draw FIX-A-LEAK away from the leak and if the pump is shut off the material will simply not get to the leak. You must reverse the flow of water, to force the material through the leak under pressure. Preferably 5-10 psi. untill the leak has stopped. When this has been achieved, gradually increase pressure to 15-25 psi. to insure a proper seal.
After sealing a suction leak "it" is a must to leave suction off the repaired line for no less than 48 hrs.FIX-A-LEAK requires time to cure and harden.
If you suspect a leak around fittings inside the pool (such as return fittings) lights, skimmer(s) or steps, etc.
Shut down pump.
Apply FIX-A-LEAK requires time to cure and harden. directly to the leak using a squeeze bottle, similar to a ketchup bottle.
Allow a minimum of 48 hrs. to cure before starting up circulation.
FIX-A-LEAK has been thoroughly field-tested under various weather conditions, and has proven to be effective in sealing leaks.
FIX-A-LEAK is also an excellent preventative maintenance aid, as it coats all surfaces that it comes in contact with, it cuts down on formation of rust and corrosion.
Shake Well Before Using
- Bypass FILTER MEDIA before adding FIX-A-LEAK to water.
Sand filters: set filter valve to recirculate.
Other types: remove cartridges DE elements from filter tank. Then proceed to circulate through empty tank.
- With pump running, add FIX-A-LEAK slowly through skimmer or in front of any other suction intake.
- After adding FIX-A-LEAK adjust suction to main drain. If this is not possible, the vacuum cleaner could be usedalternatively, simply by placing the vacuum in deepest part of pool and connect to normal vacuum connection. Set filter valve to normal vacuum position.
- FIX-A-LEAK is very heavy and will sink to the lowest point rather quickly. It must be stirred back into suspension, either manually using a pool broom or mechnically with a automated pool cleaner every 4-6 hrs. during circulation of water.
- Continue to recirculate water until the leak has stopped.
- Mark level of water in pool and check for 2-3 days to determine if the leak has stopped.
- After the leak has stopped and given the proper time to cure (24-48 hrs.) you may return to normal filtration.
Sand Filters: Set filter valve to filter and resume normal operation. Backwash out unused FIX-A-LEAK as required.
Other Types: Reinstall filter into tank and resume operation. Rinse out unsed FIX-A-LEAK from filter as required.
NOTE: Never let cartridges of DE elements be left to dry before they are cleaned.
- Treatment can be repeated if necessary.
Order 2 or 4 pack and save on shipping also!!!